Wednesday, June 1, 2011

apologies to you

Can I just take a moment to be totally honest?
I am 99% sure that I loved you.
One could say that it was purely sexual attraction, but if that was the case, I think I wouldn't have cared so much.
I hate to admit it, but you were, and continue to be, the only man I've ever cried over.
Maybe I took you too seriously?
I was sincerely broken because your actions (or non-actions) were extremely different from your words.
And things were never the same. They never will be the same.
It'll always be awkward; a forced pleasantness that will hang over us like a dark cloud at every gathering with our mutual friends.
Our eyes will flicker towards and away from each other, never to meet for a full moment ever again.
It used to be your fault, but now it's mine.
I'm sorry.

No comments: